The PSL has 16 clubs currently jostling for position. We know you know the nicknames of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates and Sundowns, but do you know all the others too?
ALL 16 PSL NICKNAMES BASED ON CURRENT LEAGUE POSITIONS
In instances where clubs have more than one nickname, we’ve included them if those multiple nicknames are popular and well-known enough around Mzansi. How many of these nicknames can you reel off without using Google?
- Mamelodi Sundowns – The Brazilians, Ka bo Yellow, Masandawana, Shoe Shine and Piano, Bafana ba Style
- Golden Arrows – Abafana Bes’thende
- SuperSport United – Matsatsantsa, The Swanky Boys
- Swallows – The Dube Birds
- Polokwane – Rise and Shine, Watsh’Umlilo
- Cape Town City – The Citizens, Blue and Gold Army
- Chippa – Chilli Boys
- Kaizer Chiefs – Amakhosi, The Glamour Boys
- Sekhukhune – Babina Noko
- Stellenbosch – Stellies
- AmaZulu – Usuthu
- TS Galaxy – The Rockets
- Royal AM – Thwihli Thwahla
- Orlando Pirates – The Buccaneers, The Sea Robbers, Happy People
- Richards Bay – The Natal Rich Boys
- Cape Town Spurs – Urban Warriors
TERRIBLE KHUNE STAT
According to OptaJabu, Kaizer Chiefs have lost each of their last seven league games when Itumeleng Khune started. It’s not the type of record any player wants to have, and certainly not one you’d associate with the great man.
Meanwhile, hit up James Freemantle for more insights, analysis and love for the beautiful game