Liverpool head coach Jurgen Klopp says he is not concerned by reports linking Mohamed Salah with a move away to Saudi Arabia.
The 31-year-old has been the Reds’ top player for more than six years and should he leave Liverpool this season, it could dent Liverpool’s chance of winning the Premier League title or even finishing in the top four.
The Egyptian captain signed a new contract with the Reds last summer, but Saudi club Al-Ittihad are looking to sign the 31-year-old striker before the transfer window closes on 1 September.
LIVERPOOL PREPARED TO KEEP SALAH
Liverpool have already lost the midfiled duo of Jordan Henderson and Fabinho to the Saudi Pro League. Former Reds forward Sadio Mane is also playing in the Pro League having left Bayern Munich this summer.
Liverpool boss Klopp has dismissed speculation that Salah might leave the club in a few days.
“Talk about media stories, nothing to talk about,” Klopp said ahead of Sunday’s trip to Newcastle United.
“From my point of view he is a Liverpool player.
“He is essential and will be. There is nothing there. My life philosophy I think about a problem when I have it,” Klopp said.
The Reds boss assured fans that Salah was committed to the club.
REDS COULD LOSE THEIR KEY MAN THIS SUMMER
Liverpool travels to Newcastle in good spirits after Mac Allister’s red card in last week’s 3-1 win over AFC Bournemouth was overturned.
“It is still early days, after one and half day’s, half a session playing in a team with 10 men is really difficult and he did really exceptionally well with that,” Klopp added.
ALSO READ | Pep Guardiola undergoes back surgery
“He looks good, he is a good player and I was really happy.
“No it was not expected, we had him on the bench to bring him on later in a slightly different situation,” said Klopp.